Monday, October 26, 2009

McMona Lisa


I know it was announced a few weeks ago, but I'm still not over the fact that the Louvre is going to install a McDonald's in the basement food court of the famous Paris museum.

Even though there are already a few small food establishments and a shopping mall down there, I can't but help like this is just a bit much...

While this article does go into a few ways in which the French McDonald's is slightly more gourmet than the one we know and love (to hate) in the US, I don't know...Call me old-fashioned, but I feel like the Louvre should be one of those sacred McDonald's-free zones.

Image courtesy of Boggle



4 comments:

  1. What?! I can't believe it! I agree with you completely. There are so many reasons why putting a McDonald's in the Louvre is so wrong. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mom was, like, "Everything will smell like onions!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. this idea is so depressing to me.

    ReplyDelete